Wednesday, March 13, 2013

There's more to life than you think

Hopefully the week's been going well for all you lovely people out there. Mine? Packed with assignments, work, projects, fashion shows, and events. Someone pause time for a bit please. Anyways, here's an outfit that leans a little more on the masculine side. The scarf was pretty much sort of like a table cloth. I got it from Goodwill for about $3.99. Fashion steal? I'd say yes!

 My hair had been screaming "cut me" for the past 3 months. The ends are split, and it feels like dry grass. Literally. Since it's already so damaged, why not just go all the way to the extreme? So there I did it. I brushed on a tiny amount of bleach (approx. 1 inch) with the Nutrisse intense bleach, and went over with Manic Panic's Virgin snow. I figured if I'm ever going to do something funky with my hair, might as well do it now before I graduate haha. Gonna get a haircut on Saturday, any suggestions on style? Can't wait to cut off all the dead and colored parts!

Western Canada Fashion Week starts next week March 21st - 28th! I will hopefully be refashioning an outfit using some clothing from Goodwill for the opening on March 21st (with Eco-Style). Oh, and Eco-style will also be doing a fashion show at the University of Alberta (Sub stage) using all clothing from Goodwill. Don't know what to wear for business interviews and such? Then come out to the show!

Lastly, here's a little something for you readers:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Matthew 11:28-29

Life can be tough and challenging at times, but look deeper and keep searching. There's more to life than you think=)





Shoes: Steve Madden
Jacket and Shorts: Forever 21
Tights: From my mom
Blue blouse: From Asia
Scarf: Thrifted from Goodwill
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

... ... ...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...